Eight Ways To Spend Time In Rock Hill, SC
Rock Hill is recognized as the fifth largest city within South Carolina (SC). The city is full of several exciting historic and outdoor places to visit. Certain buildings in the city were built as early as 1840. Rock Hill is located just 25 miles south of Charlotte.
Interesting things to do in Rock Hill
- Manchester Meadows Park- Not only is this a great venue to play soccer, but it is also a lovely place to walk, with a beautiful fountain to look at. The washrooms at this park are also very clean. All the athletes and sports fans are expected to have a wonderful time here.
- Rock Hill Brewing Company- Good quality brews and a relaxing atmosphere make this a great place to have a great time. Although this place serves only beer, it is certainly worth a visit. Servers are pretty busy and get orders in and out fast. The combination of music, food, and the unique seating are responsible for drawing crowds.
- Museum of York County- You would really enjoy this place if you are fond of animals. There is a planetarium here as well. Dolphins, with which children can connect really well, are present at this museum. Kids can also learn how night vision works. Though the museum is not particularly large, it is very well presented.
- Carowinds Amusement Park- Each ride in this park is a huge thrill. Several people have celebrated their birthdays and anniversaries at this park. Apart from the rides, there are also a number of activities, games, and different kinds of attractions. Visitors really like to participate in the water rides here, especially during the hot days.
- The Dixie Pick Rock Hill- Ribs and smoked chicken served here are truly heavenly. It is one of the highest rated BBQ places in Rock Hill. Taste has been consistently good over the years.
- Catawba Cultural Center- Catawbas are said to be the most powerful tribes in Southern America at one time. This historic tribe is largely known for traditional pottery-making techniques, most of which have passed down generations. Exhibits here are not charged and the aim of the center is to preserve the culture of the Catawbas.
- Glencairn Gardens- Locals find this garden to be really beautiful and not very crowded as well. In relatively warm weather, you can see everything from turtles to different types of flowers. Visible blooms in this area include wisterias, camellias, dogwoods, and azaleas. There are a number of spots to relax, along with several swinging benches. An annual Rock Hill festival called Come-See-Me was inspired from this garden. You will not have to pay an admission fee to use this venue, although there may be a fee on special events.
- Canaan Zip Line Tour- Do you feel like participating in adventure on your trip? Interestingly, this is a non-profit organization for tourists to enjoy the outdoors. All levels from beginner to experienced are available, and safety measures are always in place.
Three colleges, along with Winthrop University, are present in Rock Hill, SC. In terms of education, there are a high schools and middle schools. In case you want to spend your time reading, you may consider visiting the York County Library.